If you’re looking for a hard and fast answer to what your dental implants will cost in Columbia, South Carolina, please read on, so you know why that’s not a simple question. Just like when you call for car maintenance, you won’t get an exact amount of car repair costs until your mechanic thoroughly looks at the problem, contemplates possible solutions, and discusses options with you.
While we hate to compare your precious teeth to a car engine, the analogy fits. Every single patient who walks into a Columbia, SC, implant dentist’s office has a unique situation, and it’s only after a thorough evaluation that the question of “How much do dental implants cost?” can be addressed.
You may need dental work done before the placement of implants. You may need gum treatment. You may need two complete arches of new teeth. You may just need the lower teeth replaced or have a few problems with your upper teeth. Every situation is different, and some people may not even be good candidates for dental implants, at which time other tooth replacement options will be discussed.
Why Can’t I Get an Exact Number on the Cost of Dental Implants?
When discussing the cost of dental implants in Columbia, the good news is that your implants, when placed by a skillful, knowledgeable, experienced implant dentist, should last the rest of your life. You’ll be hard-pressed to find any other medical professional that can offer that type of guarantee—the only catch is that you must follow your implant dentist’s post-placement instructions to the letter. Any deviation from the commitment established between you and your dentist may require implant revision.
Why Invest in Dental Implants?
If you feel you’re ready to change your life with dental implants, then whatever the cost, the end result will be well worth it. You may be wondering about the benefits of dental implants over dentures and other tooth replacement options.
Here are some benefits of dental implants in Columbia, South Carolina:
- Dental implants look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth
- No one will ever know you have them
- There are no dietary restrictions with dental implants
- Dental implants require no special care (as long as you follow your dentist’s recommendations and keep up with follow-up appointments and perform good oral care at home)
- Dental implants prevent that sunken-in look that accompanies tooth loss
- Your confidence will be restored (and likely increased!)
- Dental implants can’t get cavities (though they do require excellent oral hygiene)
- Dental implants prevent bone loss (when a tooth is missing, the jaw bone in the empty space deteriorates due to lack of stimulation). If no implant is placed in the first year of losing a tooth, that bone area loses approximately a quarter of its volume, and bone loss continues. Dental implants prevent that from happening.
- Dental implants don’t slip, and they don’t look obvious like some traditional dentures.
There are other benefits, but you should hear those from your Columbia, SC, implant dentist and read testimonials from patients who have been through what you’re considering.
The dental implant process occurs over several months and requires that you be in good health, not smoke cigarettes, and be willing to adhere to a treatment plan devised by your dental implant dentist.
What Will Be Factored in the Cost of Dental Implants?
While it’s impossible to give an exact cost of dental implants, you will go through a process beginning with an initial evaluation, diagnostic testing, examination, etc., to determine your current dental situation. Of course, if you’re missing several teeth, costs will be higher than if you just need a few teeth replaced.
The cost of an initial exam, xrays, implants, post-implant appointments, and anything else necessary will be factored into the total cost of dental implants.
Learn More About the Cost of Dental Implants in Columbia, South Carolina
While the Internet is a wealth of valuable information, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with Smile Columbia Dentistry to start the dental implant process. Call Dr. Adam Hahn and the team at (803) 781-9090 to ask questions or schedule a new patient evaluation.
You may also fill out our online contact form to let us know how we can help. We will answer your questions to the best of our ability and explain the costs of dental implants in general terms because we can’t know what you will need until we meet you.