When you look in the mirror and check out your smile, are you happy with what you see? Unfortunately, for the vast majority of people, the answer to that question is “no.” Surveys show that one third of American adults are unhappy with their smile — unsurprising, considering the importance of the smile in American culture when it comes to how we perceive beauty and success.
Luckily, you don’t have to be stuck with a smile that doesn’t make you want to… well, smile! An experienced cosmetic dentist can help you put together a smile makeover plan that’s customized to your needs.
What’s Dragging Down Your Smile?
What is it about your smile that makes you dissatisfied? There are plenty of different cosmetic concerns that patients bring to their dentists every day, and there are procedures designed to solve every single one of them.
- Crooked teeth can make even a healthy smile look jumbled. Plus, they can be harder to clean, leading to plaque buildup and unsightly food stuck in the teeth.
- Discolored teeth can be a result of foods and drinks that stain the enamel, or even just a side effect of age. Or, you may have fluorosis, which can cause white spots on the teeth thanks to an excess of fluoride during enamel formation in childhood.
- Gaps between teeth create dark spots in an otherwise bright smile. Some gaps are simply space between teeth. Other times tooth loss is responsible for your gaps. But still other gaps are triangle-shaped openings by the gums, which can seem even more difficult to close.
- Missing teeth might seem unusual or embarrassing, but actually, 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. A lost tooth doesn’t just spoil the appearance of a smile, but it can also compromise oral health.
- Misshapen teeth, be they too small, too short, or otherwise poorly shaped, can also be a cosmetic problem that people aren’t sure can be solved.
Regardless of what issues, or combination of issues, plague your smile, Dr. Adam Hahn can resolve all of them with a custom smile makeover designed just for you.
No Problem is Unsolvable
A smile makeover goes above and beyond what any single cosmetic procedure could accomplish. Instead of tackling each cosmetic concern one by one, a smile makeover allows your dentist to examine the larger picture and put together a combination of procedures to give you your best smile as efficiently as possible.
To achieve this, your dentist may use a combination of orthodontics, cosmetic dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and dental implants, among other procedures. Braces can correct for crooked teeth and gaps between the teeth. Whitening or veneers can fix discoloration. Bonding or veneers can fill in black triangles or build up misshapen teeth. And implants can fill in the gap left after tooth loss.